I told my mom that I’m going to fry my frozen pizza tonight. She was like what!?
And then I figured this warranted a post.
Because, guys, the pizza box is lying to you.
Yes, you can put it in the oven but microwave? A pizza? You might as well just eat it frozen.
Microwave = soggy food = yuck.
So what do you do when you don’t have an oven? you fry it, of course!
How to fry a frozen pizza
1. Let the pizza defrost thoroughly. This is important.
2. Heat up the frying pan on maximum. How do you know the frying pan is hot? Sprinkle some water on it and if it evaporates quickly, your frying pan is hot.
3. Pour a tablespoon of oil on to the pan. As it starts to crackle and pop, pick up the pan and start swishing around the oil. Place back on stove. Do this until the crackling and popping of the oil starts again.
4. Ensure your oil is heated and coating the entire pan. This is important to ensure the pizza cooks evenly.
5. Place defrosted pizza on pan and turn the heat to lowest possible setting. When all the cheese has melted, your pizza is ready to eat!
I personally prefer this to baking it in the oven. The pizza is crispier and the crust tastes more fresh because of the oil.