Hi. My name is Tia. And I live in Korea.
Born in Sri Lanka. Raised in Toronto. Undergrad in London, England. Back to Toronto for work.
And now… teaching English in Korea… and loving it :)
Random facts about me:
- I believe that enough melted chocolate or cheese will make anything edible.
- I hate plans. I’m all about randomness and spontaneity! and inserting! random exclamation! marks! to make things more fun! fun! fun! SEE WHAT I MEAN!?
- I worked in accounting then finance then marketing… and then went sailing in Croatia and decided teaching English in Korea was the next logical step.
- I believe loofahs are the next best invention since…well, reese chocolate.
- I love ted talks. And find them particularly inspiring in the mornings. while doing my hair.
- I took a 10 day silent meditation course that changed my life.
- I can’t parallel park. even if my life depended on it. Or reverse park for that matter. Sometimes, I pull through so that when I come back to my car, I can pretend I reverse parked and look all cool.
- I believe children and dogs are the world’s best therapists.
- Dreams, in general, fascinate me. Both my own and others’; the kind during sleep and the kind that means visions for the future.
- I believe life is too short to be unhappy. And that we should live in the moment. Even if it means giving up on something to go after our dreams.
Being in a new environment is like being a child all over again. Everything is fascinating. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences, thoughts and adventures in Korea as much as I enjoy writing about them.
Thank you for stopping by :)
twitter: @tiabhuva, email: firstname.lastname@example.org